Rogue11

suggestion for a good soil/ ph tester?

I want to buy a tester to check the soil in my garden and was wondering what people here are using.
All the testers I saw on amazon (I usually check the reviews even if I don't buy there) seem to have only 2.5 - 3 out of 5 stars. There have to be some products out there that are better than that.

Thanks

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

I think you'll find most folks in here recommend sending soil samples to a state run lab like those used by a county agent or ag school. It is relatively inexpensive and the tests are accurate. Those soil test kits you find in big box stores don't work very well, hence the bad reviews.

nosta

gumbo2176 wrote:I think you'll find most folks in here recommend sending soil samples to a state run lab like those used by a county agent or ag school. It is relatively inexpensive and the tests are accurate. Those soil test kits you find in big box stores don't work very well, hence the bad reviews.
Absolutely what I would have said. The kits in big box strores are junk. Our local extension office does testing for $6.00 and the results are back in a week or less.

Rogue11

thanks I'll check where they do those tests around here and get it done.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”