ruggr10
Green Thumb

Alright! I can't take it anymore!!!

Here in the northeast, we got another 8 inches of snow yesterday!

My raised beds were finally uncovered, the first four inches were thawed, my lawn was almost totally exposed...the POW! MORE SNOW!!

I couldn't take it anymore! I cut off the top of a 2' by 3' box, filled it with potting soil, put an arch across it to hold plastic and made my own hot box. I put my lettuce and broccoli rapini that I had sprouted in the basement.

I don't know if it is going to work, but I had to do something....

I'm going crazy! NO MORE SNOW!!

Of course, amazingly it did hit 50 degrees today....

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Sounds like here. We did get two nice days though. It is supposed to snow Sunday. Hang in there.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Lettuce and broccoli are cold weather plants. My broccoli has been snowed on three times since it got transplanted out in the garden and is doing just fine.

The only ones you have to worry about are the warm weather ones, tomatoes, peppers etc.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Yep, you should be fine with that. See, something good came from the snow: you got your garden going :idea:.

Hope you get a thaw soon, though.

agfinguy

here is some sunshine from Florida.. I hope it helps and summer is on the way...

[img]https://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz133/agfinguy2010/sunshine1.jpg[/img]

ruggr10
Green Thumb

Thanks for the Sun and the words of encouragement!

Rain today, which is better than snow!

I guess all I can focus on is that I'll be in Mexico exactly 2 weeks from today. I would be landing in Cancun right about this time!!!!!

I've hired one of my high school students who lives down the road to take care of by seedlings... I hope they survive!!!!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”