SarahSarah
Cool Member

Sick Cucumbers

These are Marketmore and Straight 8's.
There was a mite infestation and so I doused them with some insectisidal soap. They were in a sun window and I think they got a little too much sun and maybe that is what caused them to have the spots.

What do you all think?

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

I think, really the best way to grow cukes is to plant seed right where it will grow. Plant when all danger of frost is past. That way you don't have any hardening off shock or damaged roots from transplanting. Cukes really don't like to be cooped up in a pot. They have a fantastic root system and need room for it to expand. [url=https://www.soilandhealth.org/01aglibrary/010137veg.roots/010137ch29.html]Check This Out![/url]
Gardening at 5000 feet elevation, zone 4/5 Northern Utah, Frost free from May 25 to September 8 +/-

SarahSarah
Cool Member

You are the king of resources!! I will try to get these planted out this weekend then.
Thanks!!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

If you have any seed, plant a few seeds when you plant these out and see if they do well. It is a great experiment.
Gardening at 5000 feet elevation, zone 4/5 Northern Utah, Frost free from May 25 to September 8 +/-

gardenvt
Green Thumb

That was really interesting! I think I am going to start inside and out and see what happens.

This is such a great place to learn and share.

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

Unfortunately, if I plant outside, they sprout, but then get eaten by bugs imediately. I have to plant them with true leaves not to be eaten...

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”