bwhite829

big garden under way

hey all. got the big garden under way today! we already had about 2-3 different tom varieties, once the jellybean and romas get big enough, we'll transplant those as well.

today we transplanted 4 bell peppers, about 3 zucchini and 2 eggplant plants, got out about 100'ish multiplying onions, a small pack of green onions, and about 50-100 garlics, several hills of yellow squash, 3 hills of scallop squash, went through a row of nantene carrots and a row of danver carrots, planted several more hills of eggplants and dark green and grey zucchinis, got out some acorn, spaghetti, and buttercup squash, and got our cukes out too. we have an extra row, that we might just leave in case we need to thin stuff out.

I also got about 40 lbs of carrots, they were the rest of my danvers that I never got from my last crop because it had been taken over by weeds and I didn't realize there were still so many carrots going strong.

its about time to bush hog some of the stuff that we still had going from the fall, although we still have turnip greens, collards, and a few other greens going strong since october or so that are still tender and delicious, even though they are just about to go to seed.

we will be finding out if acorn, buttercup, and spaghetti squash are vining or bush soon. google was no help for that :(

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

WOW! We garden in two different worlds. Our high today 39 degrees F and it snowed some.

bwhite829

when I got off work @ 12:45 my car thermometer said 90. its 10 pm here and 75.

tedly
Cool Member

I was finally able to start working the soil Thursday. First seeds go in Monday. :D

annastasia76

acorn, buttercup, and spaghetti squash I believe are all vine. I know that spaghetti squash is a vine

garden5
Super Green Thumb

It sounds like you are going to be harvesting quite a bit of vegetables.

I'm still a few months away from getting mine in the ground.

bwhite829

yeah, we just put the acorn, buttercup, and spaghetti in between the carrots and cukes. we figure if they do run, that'd be an okay place for them, and if they run as bad as some of his pumpkins that run really bad, we can just put them out around where the pumpkins are. and yes, we'll have lots of stuff to harvest :)

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”