Avonnow
Green Thumb

Green Pepper Plant

Quick question - I have a larger green pepper plant that is from last year. It looks healthy and started producing about a month ago. My question I have heard before when they start to bloom to actually take some of the blooms off, so the plant gets stronger. I always thought this was with NEW plants, not established. This plants has a ton of flowers and small peppers in all stages - it almost looks like when they grow it will be too many :shock: - but since I have no history with this, I am not sure how this will work. Is there a chance they will not be able get big since thier are so many blooms? Should I just leave alone, or will the plant be able to support it all. I know you can't visually see it, but there is alot! Wish I had this issue with other plants. :D

tedly
Cool Member

Perennials?! :shock: I just chopped down what was left of last years when I was tilling yesterday! :( Well, now I know why I can never get a good crop of bell peppers, they're always scrawney. I'll have to start seedlings around December this coming winter and see if that works better.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”