Rayston
Newly Registered

Complete Newbie with Salsa Garden in Arizona

Hello

I am completely new to gardening. My girlfriend however has been in the hobby to one extent or another for a couple of years now. I thought it would be neat to join her.

I am kinda food oriented and easily distracted, so I figured a good way to keep my attention was to try and grow a salsa garden. Here are the plants I am thinking of.

Tomtatillo
Cilantro
Tomato
Onion
Garlic
Anaheim Peppers
Jalapeno Peppers

These will likely all be in containers as we don't really have all that much room.

What I am looking for is general advice, any threads on this forum or others that I should look at, any specific books I should buy or website articles I should read. Keep in mind the following.

1. I am a newbie to this. I have no idea what I'm doing really.

2. I am a little lazy, I am not totally unwilling to do some work on this, but if its too hard with too little reward, I will likely lose interest (I just know myself and am trying to be honest with my limitations)

3. I live in arizona, this means it is noticeably sunnier and warmer than pretty much anywhere else in North America, I am not certain what affect this will have.

4. I will probably not be starting till mid-october, the local botanical garden has there fall plant sale around this time and this is probably when I will pick up most of the plants.

Any general tips? suggestions? Please point me to the proper sources of information.

Thanx in advance

Rayston

Newt
Greener Thumb

See my response here.
https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18125&highlight=#18125

Newt

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”