supagirl277

'11 LOG - Of course they have Life!

Well, it is nearing time to start my garden again, and these are some thing I've done so far.

Planned out my garden spacing and everything, much more room than I originally planned for.

Went ouside and marked where zones of plants go. (I.e. where tomatoes have space, where corn has space, where greens wil go.)

I found garlic from last year growing!! I accidentally lost it in the soil because the tops were chopped off during de-weeding, and I'm so happy! It's much nicer and stronger than last year.

The seeds from my lettuce that planted themselves last year because I let the plants go to seed, are still randomly popping up!

Te snap dragons are coming back up, and so are the other flowers around them, but only a little.

I've decided to plant a strawberry patch over by the raspberries that are growing through the fence from out neighbors yard. It's a nice size for them to really just sprout all over.

These are the things I'm planting in the main garden going north to south:
Tomatoes: Big Tom, La Roma, Hot House
Zucchini: Only 3 seeds. Took a lot of room last year.
Salad Garden Portion:
Red Lettuce
Green Lettuce: Black seeded Simpson, Romaine Lettuce
Spinach
Radishes
Corn: Lots of space in sun this time!
Armenian Cuke and another variety supported on trellises
Yellow and Green Beans with trellis
Peas with supporting trellis
Russet, Yukon, and Red Potatoes!
Herbs:
Dill
Parsley
Mint
Basil
Oregano
Yarrow
Thyme
Catnip ?? maybe not
Small Pot:
Banana Papper
Tomatillo
Grape Tomato

So excited!!
I'll add the herbs slowly during hte season cause of money, but I'm gonna start the strawberry patch nice a strong as soon as I can.

I have a nce big pot that I might want to plant bulbs in. Not sure what kind.

I'm going to go seed shopping soon, and possibly do some today.

Soon I'm going to have my dad till, and I'm going to plant the peas and lettuce stuff in April.

The grass is growing back green near the tree, because of course it always is the longest grass there.

The leaves and grass I put in the garden last year are all nice and dead, so it'll be good for the soil.

This year, I think t he herbs will go down stairs and not on the deck. They got too much sun, but it was easier to water there. Maybe If they're on the ground, it'll force me to water the other plants on time too.

Because the sprinklers are so close to the garden, I might as well take advantage of one, and put the corn in that space. It'll keep them watered well like the lettuce last year.

I'm going to take the garlic and put it in a pot for now, so my dad can till.

That's pretty much everything I think! I'll post some more when I get more updates.

END OF POST FOR 3-14-11

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Nice plans. The snow finally got off my plot, but its raining so its very wet and muddy. I don't usually plant until April so it has some time to dry out a bit.

supagirl277

Well I have done a ton since last posted, so here goes.

Some seeds that I randomly dropped into a pot have grown, they're radishes. I'm quite happy.

My dad tilled the garden.

I seeded three mini rows of peas.

I planted my greens and radishes and spinach.

My garlic is doing well in the big pot I transplanted it to.

I have lots of seeds ready for warmer weather.

I have marked where I want certain things.

I have added the possibility of planting carrots. The short fat kind that have the word finger in them.

I might plant onions over where I planned to plant potatoes. They need lots of water, and not a ton of sun, so it'll be perfect. I hope. I'd plant the carrots there too.

The flowers are coming back up!

The tulips have returned :) My dad tills them every year, and the little things can't stop! I think it's funny. Too bad they don't grow big enough to make flowers.

The trees are getting their stupid seed/bud stuff.

The grass is getting greener.

The bushes are getting buds.

I dug up a pea seed where it would get flooded when I watered it to see how they were growing, and it was swollen and had a little root coming out! I'm so happy that they were planted earlier so they could actually have a chance to grow this year.

I hope the radishes come up soon...

I reeeeeaaaaly want to plant daisies somewhere... Gerber Daisies I hope. They're gorgeous.

Well I think that's everything for now, toodaloo!

END OF POST 4-5-11

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”