tumble weed
Newly Registered

Potting Soil

Can I use potting soil in my garden?

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Sounds like an expensive way to go. Give use more details on what you are thinking.

Eric

tumble weed
Newly Registered

DoubleDogFarm wrote:Sounds like an expensive way to go. Give use more details on what you are thinking.

Eric
I'm not thinking anything(except HELP lol). I am a neophyte. I asked the lady at the garden shop to sell me a good soil for my garden and she sold me potting soil. Now I am worried. But if it isn't going to hurt anything I am not going to bother exchanging.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I am a neophyte
We won't hold it against you.

I've been ordained "Super Green Thumb!" with my fists on my waist :roll: I have SGT across my chest. :lol:

I would just mix it in. It's probably mostly peat moss and perlite / vermiculite.

Eric

hendi_alex
Super Green Thumb

Same here. Am not overly afflicted with 'organic' notions. My garden soil consists of a concoction of native soil, compost, and anything organic that I can find including commercial potting soil mix. So the raised beds are mostly compost and premium potting soil from Walmart and Lowes. In ground is mostly a combination of native soil plus compost.

I do generally amend the potting soil mix with perlite which helps with the drainage. A mix of potting soil, perlite, and compost or potting soil and perlite goes into potted plants and into raised beds.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”