jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

How does your garden grow?

How does your garden grow?
Mine is still under the snow.

[img]https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/garden_feb23.jpg[/img]

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

That sure is a beautiful shot, but I'm guessing you're likely getting tired of it by now. I won't rub it in too hard, but my garden is getting along pretty well right now. I've got a lot of the spring/summer stuff either already in or in seed trays getting ready to reach for the sky.

Of course, I'm on a much smaller scale than the garden you put in and for the length of your growing season, you sure pack a lot in for what amounts to probably half my growing season. Soon jal, soon.

soil
Greener Thumb

our snow just melted, things are perking up. and were about to get a lot more this weekend.

DeborahL
Green Thumb

My patio tomato got frosted. Rats.

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

We thawed out (big melt), I dug some more drainage ditches and prepped (spaded) a small plot, and then winter came back with 4" of snow. I did see a daffodil pokeing up but no sign of my garlic.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

We also got the big thaw and finally got rid of all the snow. My garlic appears happy and healthy. But more snow coming!

applestar
Mod

Had the big thaw as well. Some, though not all, of my elephant garlic are poking out but doing well along the front yard fence row.

I found a forgotten leek that seems to be doing OK so I left it there, hopefully to resume growing when it really thaws.

The thaw brought ants into the house early, and they discovered the aphids on my indoor overwintering peppers. :x

But we had another snowfall and the ground is covered again. DD8, in a moment of tantrum, said "I'm TIRED of all this, this,... WHITEness on the ground!!! WHEN is spring coming!!!???"

annastasia76

I guess I shouldn't complain about the cold weather that we are getting right now. though my daughter would happily take all the snow from you, lol.

kimbledawn

Well...I top dressed the garlic with more compost, Put the strawberries in a bigger bed with top dressing, Planted onion starts in two beds and I will hopefully put the blueberries in larger pots before they start growing.

I have tomatoes, peppers, and herbs under grow lights. and we are building a new garden fence and 8 new beds that I need to fill and prep before the season really starts.

kgall

We had a thaw too...But there is still at least 2 feet on the ground! Ugh!

On a bright note the sun is coming around so the spot where my garden resides is getting sun again! Now I need the seeds to get here!

Spring is on it's way!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

We got another foot of snow, then when it cleared we saw this:
[img]https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/sundog_3.jpg[/img]
Sun Dogs

DeborahL
Green Thumb

James, that is sheer beauty.

lorax
Greener Thumb

Mine grows in full sun for half the day and is a bit riotous....

[img]https://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh196/HabloPorArboles/DSCN4434.jpg[/img]

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”