gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Thumbs up for Dixondale Farms (onion retailer)

I ordered some onions, Candy and Big Daddy Mon night on line. I requested they be shipped as soon as possible they have my area down for a normal Mar 21 shipping. So on Tue (the next day) between 8 and 9 in the morning I get a call from them confirming this is what I want. I thought the was nice for them to check as well as very fast for them to reply.

They are already in the mail.

High 5 for service.

Another thing I emailed them a question on onions late last year. They sent me an email last week reminding me that it was getting close to planting time for me. Figuring I had an interest due to my email last fall which I did. And to be quite honest I wasn't' sure if it was time but thought it was coming close. So some may consider it spam but the way they did it was nice and even offered me a free gift for being a first time customer.

So they will see my business again.

Avonnow
Green Thumb

You know it is nice to hear when someone has good service, that was my new years resolution this year. Instead of complaining when service was bad, :x when I get good service :D , I email the company, or tell the manager and pass on the info to others. In this day and age people love to hear about companies that care about good old fashion customer service. Thanks ! :wink:

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

One is Day-neutral and the other a Long-day variety. You chose wisely. :D

Eric

GomoIsGardening
Cool Member

gixxerific wrote:I ordered some onions, Candy and Big Daddy Mon night on line. I requested they be shipped as soon as possible they have my area down for a normal Mar 21 shipping. So on Tue (the next day) between 8 and 9 in the morning I get a call from them confirming this is what I want. I thought the was nice for them to check as well as very fast for them to reply.

They are already in the mail.

High 5 for service.

Another thing I emailed them a question on onions late last year. They sent me an email last week reminding me that it was getting close to planting time for me. Figuring I had an interest due to my email last fall which I did. And to be quite honest I wasn't' sure if it was time but thought it was coming close. So some may consider it spam but the way they did it was nice and even offered me a free gift for being a first time customer.

So they will see my business again.

I've ordered directly from them for years. Customer service is spectacular.

I absolutely love Candy, hope you have as much success with it as I have in past seasons. I've actually cured those babies in June and they held through Mid January.

Thanks for posting, I've been meaning to call all day to get a few more bunches sent while I still have time to plant.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote:One is Day-neutral and the other a Long-day variety. You chose wisely. :D

Eric
That is why I chose those two. I am on the border for long day.

annastasia76

I might be interested in buying their short day sampler, does anybody know how much they charge for shipping (thought I am not sure I really need 60, lol)

sjohnson9206

Thanks for this, I'm pulling together my final list for orders.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

There is no shipping at least I didn't pay any. Maybe for larger orders but it might be figured in the price which isn't bad at all.

I don't think they are 100% organic but they have a lot of useful info on their site even some youtube videos. They also have a monthly newsletter on onions that can be sent to you. All In all I am very happy with them.

sjohnson9206

I checked out the catalog earlier this week, and just placed my order.. I can't wait to try these!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”