Avonnow
Green Thumb

Buying plants through the mail

It is not that I don't have other options, I have a couple of local nurseries and I am using seeds. I just want to know. Have any of you ever bought plants through the mail. How do they arrive? are they worth it? who do you like and dislike. Do they send them to late? This is my biggest concern as most places show shipping later in the spring (probably due to where they are located) to me in Zone 8/9 - I already have stuff going and worry it will be too late when they arrive. I am in interested in trying it. Just for the heck of it. I am mainly interested in getting tomato, pepper, strawberries. Not enough variety where I am, and not all my seedlings germinated as planned and just in case the second batch is a dud I want to see my options. :D THANKS

!potatoes!
Greener Thumb

I'm sure it depends mostly on what you're ordering or from whom, but I've ordered plants online and received them in the mail many times and have only rarely had any negative experiences. most nurseries that do mail-order put a lot of effort into customer service, knowing when's best to ship, etc.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I frequently buy plants mail order and have rarely had any problems with it. Reputable nurseries will ship things at the right time for you.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”