gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

$0.20 Seeds are back, go get them!!!!!!!

Wal Mart had the Amewrican Seed for .20 last year well they are back. I let the forum know last year and many peopl had good luck with them. I just got a bunch for now, you all know I will be back. :lol:

If you haven't seen Duh_Vinci has thread about these seeds that he got from last year check it here https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32569.

Good luck D_V.

nes
Green Thumb

Has anyone seen these guys in Canada?
I looked Saturday but couldn't find any in our local Walmart.

shadowsmom

nes wrote:Has anyone seen these guys in Canada?
I looked Saturday but couldn't find any in our local Walmart.
I looked over the weekend in NJ and couldn't find them either. I wonder if it's a regional thing.

RuHappy69

I live in NJ and went to Walmart Saturday, no seeds at all. I wound up going to Home depot and they were just putting them out, tons of them. But I already have the seeds I want this year.

shadowsmom

That's interesting. Some of the WalMart's have larger garden centers. I'll have to try the one by my office. That will be my lunch time mission tomorrow. :)

csvd87

Our stores got their seeds in around the first week of january, but no $0.20 seeds at wal-mart.

applestar
Mod

At the Walmart near me, they have a room that opens off to the side -- beyond a wide doorway. It's located to the far rear-right of the store between pet foods/section and garden section where the wild birdseed aisle starts.

This is the room where they put extra mark down stuff, too early pre-season stuff, and post-season stuff... and where I saw the .20 seed packets last year.

Alan in Vermont

I tried a bunch of the WM cheap seeds last year. Some did just fine, others were dismal failures. I won't be planting any of them in the future, too much of a junk shoot for the small savings.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

applestar wrote:At the Walmart near me, they have a room that opens off to the side -- beyond a wide doorway. It's located to the far rear-right of the store between pet foods/section and garden section where the wild birdseed aisle starts.

This is the room where they put extra mark down stuff, too early pre-season stuff, and post-season stuff... and where I saw the .20 seed packets last year.
Exactly how mine is setup. They were actually taking down the "Clearance" stuff getting ready for the gardening season when I was there.

Alan I am surprised you had bad luck I had good luck with my seeds. Not too mention at .20 a packet it's not that much of a gamble unless you are talking space wise. But I only get them for fillers I wouldn't bet the whole shop on them. Mainly what I bought were flower seeds and they did fabulous.

filmnet

Cukes and Maigolds last year great, not to many seed in them though.

applestar
Mod

Exactly how mine is setup.
I figured they have a "master floorplan" that is implemented in all stores (they might have mega stores vs. regular etc.) That's why I described it, but it's kind of funny to think that basically identical stores dot the entire country, if not the world... Sort of SciFi/Surreal....

I guess that's how McDonalds does it, except I understand they alter their menu selection somewhat to suit the culinary expectations of the local population.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I haven't gotten mine yet, but want to soon! The variety isn't all that diverse, but I can usually find a thing or two that strikes my interest.

Duh_Vinci
Greener Thumb

General Dollar store and Dollar Tree in my area have those seeds now as well, 4 for $1.00. Picked up few large $1.00 packs of Cosmos, Zinnia and Marigold to plant around various parts of the house to add some color.

Regards,
D

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”