Green Thumb

Dang, I must be a day behind.

Got Jung though!!

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Got my first catalog today too. Henry Fields

donworden
Cool Member

Got my first catalog yesterday from Jungs...

been drooling since.

TWC015

I received Johnny's about 10 days ago. I also received Baker Creek, Pinetree, Fedco, and Twilley. I'm still expecting more.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I've already gotten my first one a while back.....but I still haven't signed up for some of the others :shock:. I had better get things going.

DeborahL
Green Thumb

I always go right straight to the tomatoes first !
I like a good tangy tomato, I'm not a fan of sweet tomatoes.
Is Green Zebra sour like a lemon, or just really tangy? Like a Beef, but with a sourness to it?

farmerlon
Green Thumb

DeborahL wrote:...Is Green Zebra sour like a lemon, or just really tangy? Like a Beef, but with a sourness to it?
I wouldn't really call it "sour", but it does have a really intersting "citrus" flavor that I enjoy.
I grew Green Zebra for the first time last year, and I will definitely do so again this year... I'm a fan.

The Green Zebra tomatoes tend to be a "salad" size... a little larger than most "cherry" tomatoes, but smaller than a "beefsteak" type.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I just got another one :o! The best part is.....I don't even remember sighing up for it :lol:.

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Got my Territorial yesterday... already got a nice list growing... not sure if I have room for everything I want to plant... and this is only the first catalog...

digitS'
Super Green Thumb

Any experience with Seeds of Change and the varieties they offer?

Seem to have quite a few things that aren't available elsewhere.

They've sent me their catalog the last few years and it gets better each year! Still haven't ordered from them . . . yet.

Steve :)

DeborahL
Green Thumb

Thank you, Farmerlon. I can't wait to try them. Sounds like they'd be good fried too, even when ripe.

microcollie
Green Thumb

You're all making me feel pangs of regret...I had unsubscribed to most of my paper catalogs in favor of just ordering online. Somehow it just isn't the same to sit and have my morning coffee at the computer instead of in an armchair with my favorite catalogs.

Avonnow
Green Thumb

I agree I love looking at the books. I already got my a few weeks ago and have placed some orders. I needed that Garden cover for Cold weather - so I should have it Monday. All the stores were out here in FL, seems we are never prepared for that cold weather, it was a horrible seen the day after XMAS for the left over Christmas lights - they wanted them for plants and gardens - go figure. Anyhow I love browsing the catalogs - problem is I want to try so much and that is unreasonable.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”