Avonnow
Green Thumb

Good Reading suggestions please

Hope all are having a great holiday! :D I wanted to ask because I love to read, I love the internet but prefer to sit in a chair and read a good book or magazine. Any suggestions on books you have read on Gardening or newletters online you get that you enjoy and would be worth go to the Library or signing up online for. :wink: I get Organic Gardening and Mother Earth News, I usually read them cover to cover in the first day or so. I just got my first seed catalog and the way I browse over and over you would think they were a novel. I thought maybe some folks might have some Ideas on different things pertaining to gardening or composting or anything in between that I could access. Don't get me wrong, I love this forum, but I hate sitting in front of a computer for hours. Thanks and have a great holiday !

garden5
Super Green Thumb

A really great book is [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=43&sid=156291a8b5390d1cfe20f3b3128e2c38]Teaming With Microbes[/url] The link is to a discussion we were/are having on it.

You can also check out the [url=https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=44&sid=17f9e55e0299c24c08ad356d8d2d5116]Gardening Book Club[/url] here on this forum for more great titles.

Avonnow
Green Thumb

Didn't even know that forum exsisted, will check it out.

farmerlon
Green Thumb

I read every gardening book I can get my hands on.
Lately, I have also been enjoying books about organic food (that I think are also garden related) ... Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and The Omnivor's Dilemma are 2 titles that I like.

soil
Greener Thumb

visit the website www.journeytoforever.org they have a online library of small farm books.

Avonnow
Green Thumb

I am going to mark these down and check into all of them. Plus the forum
I love reading and getting as much info as I need. My biggest problem is implementing all the things I learn, there is just so much I do not know. One year gardening and sometimes I feel no closer to knowing anything then when I started. Also the more I learn, I know I would love to live more of this lifestyle, alot more land, alot more independance when it comes to providing food for my family. We have very little property here, most of our back yard is pool, but what is left I am ready to turn into more gardening space. The kids are not happy.

soil
Greener Thumb

The kids are not happy.
they will be when theres fresh fruits and veggies to eat while running around. some of the berries we have are gone in days because of the little ones in the summer.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”