cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Fall/Winter Garden Planted!

Ok, so its been such a crazy week I thought I already posted this... guess not...

Last weekend (Sunday to be exact) I woke up and the sky was grey and it was cool outside... perfect gardening weather!!! Especially since its been 90+ outside and almost 100 on the weekends lately!!
Anyway into the car I jumped to the nursery I went, I got all sorts of stuff, chicken manure, soil enhancers everything I could get my hands on (and of course the nice people at the nursery helped me out) then it was off to the veggies I went!
Got done with Bok Choy, Spinach, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Lettuce 2 types, and Garlic. I spent all day in the garden, redoing the sprinklers, planting, everything. Then I even went crazy with the lawn, seeding it, fertilizing it everything. I am hoping that with all this added care to everything I should reap a bountiful harvest and have a nice plush green lawn to go with it. I will post pics soon, been a crazy week at work and I cant believe its already almost Friday!
Hope everyone fall gardens are going well, I know I was so happy and relieved to get mine going!

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

You sound like me a month or so ago. I couldn't wait to get the plants in the ground for the fall garden. We had a little break in our weather too and I basically did the same thing you did by getting most of the stuff in the ground in a couple of days. My wife and I went to 3 nurseries to get all the plants we wanted, along with the packets of seeds needed. As for soil enhancers, I simply compost year round and use that and other organic material I can gather.

Seems you are ready to watch things grow and reap what you've sown-----in several weeks or so.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

CT, great to hear that you've got the fall garden going on.

If I remember correctly, you were growing some bhut jolokia, how are they doing. I think you were having some troubles with damping off with them, am I right?

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Yeah they all got about an inch tall, about 3-4 leaves a piece and then poof gone. I haven't replanted yet, I may do that this weekend as I still have seeds. Just going to take the cover off the green house, or leave it open so I don't repeat the whole thing again!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”