bwhite829

just got it in!

hey all, just got my garden in. taking a quick lunch break before going out to water everything. starting from left to right i've got collards and turnips sharing a row, 1 full row of cabbage, spinach and cauliflower on 1 row, and then i've got some mustards and kale on a row and kohlrabi and carrots on my last row. sorry i don't know the exact size of the rows, its not a huge garden but its a decent size. i can't wait to see the veggies of my labor(pun intended :)

Hispoptart

Cool, it sounds so weird to hear of others just starting their garden when I am slowly watching mine end. Congrats though and can't wait to see pics.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Good to hear. I'm glad someone's got some gardening going on. My garden is slowly petering out. The nighttime lows are into the 40s now, but if I can get through the next few days, there should be a string of nice weather.

Keep up updated on your garden's progress :wink:.
There's something new growing in the Helpful Gardener Forum! Become a part of it here!

bwhite829

I should say I'm in FL and the temps have finally dipped to 60-70's during the cool part of the day. i think it climbed up to 85-90 degrees yesterday when i was finishing up. i hope its cool enough for what i planted, because my understanding is its got to be cool.

Hispoptart

I think you should be ok. Your temps will continue to get cooler also. Just not as cold as we're going to get here.

hardland

Your ahead of me. I'm in Sth FL, fort lauderdale, it's still 90' and humid here. I plan on getting some plants in the ground late Oct. I'v been out all morning getting the beds ready, I have some tomatos going in containers.
Hey there Mister,
Can you tell me what happened to the seeds iv'e sown,
can you give me a reason sir, as to why they've never grown,

Lifestyle Lift Journey

Starting up the garden is exciting!! Planning for next season is also fun! I love gardening because I can enjoy this hobby even when I'm not in the garden. Good luck with your garden everyone!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”