DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

That was a big drink of water!

I believe our wet season has official started. :cry: :cry: We had a thunderstorm come through this morning. Did anyone else experience it?

The poor rabbits got wet. Time to get them up high and dry
[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/DSC02719.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/DSC02732.jpg[/img]

Driveway became a river.
[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/DSC02731.jpg[/img]

16 quart bowl
[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/DSC02725.jpg[/img]

I'm glad I covered my better tomatoes.
[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/DSC02736.jpg[/img]

My garden is starting to look tattered and torn.

Eric
Last edited by DoubleDogFarm on Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I really wish technology could figure out some way to even the rainfall out better! We still haven't had any rain worth noticing since the end of June. Everything is dried up. Like the person who wrote in about their lawn catching fire and burning up. Mine would likely do that too, if someone threw a torch on it, since I don't believe in wasting good drinking water (from the hose) on lawn grass.

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

RBG,
I really wish technology could figure out some way to even the rainfall out better
Do you really? The way we humans have destroyed a lot of things.

Not sure if this was a campaign in Ohio. In Seattle they were trying to get people to wash their cars on the lawn. Here on the island, most people don't wash their cars. Maybe some of the overly rich.

Eric

applestar
Mod

I couldn't do it this year due to the drought, but in previous years, I used to go out with a bucket of soapy water (I use Ecover dish washing liquid) and suds up the car just before a good rain started.... 8)

Eric, your poor bunnies! But I bet the ducks loved it. :wink:
Last edited by applestar on Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

Poured rain like crazy for about an hour this morning, and looks like it may rain again in a half hour or so. :>

It's been raining for the past few days, and according to the 15-day forecast on Accuweather, we'll be lucky to see another 3 days of sun this month. :> again!

After that, I expect it'll be mostly rain until next July. I'm not ready. [img]https://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/sigh.gif[/img]

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

My daughter in Quincy Illinois got 3.5 inches last night. Here for the whole month of September, we have got 0.01 inch. Ain't enough to wet your shirt.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

I feel ya on the rain. We just barely missed the last possible chances of rain by just a few miles usually.

I haven't watered really in a month or so and we haven't had rain so I watered heavily this weekend not expecting rain this weekend. Coming home last night from a weeding with the windows open in the house we find out it has been raining it's butt off. For a few hours.

DOH I wish I hadn't watered now, we had thunderstorms with LOTS of rain and lightening for about 12 hours straight followed by a good soaking rain till just a bit ago it is almost 4 p.m. now. Started about 7 p.m. last night. :shock:

Where did that all come from, oh well I won't need to water for a month or so. :wink:

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

DoubleDogFarm wrote:RBG,
I really wish technology could figure out some way to even the rainfall out better
Do you really? The way we humans have destroyed a lot of things.

Eric
I can guarantee RBG didn't mean it like that. 8) :o

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Dan,
Coming home last night from a weeding
Who got weeded? :P Was it a wedding?

Eric :lol: humor test

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

okay you got me it was a wedding. :lol:

It's "Don" though by the way so tag your it. :hehe:

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

:oops: Don

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

No, I really didn't mean that about technology. Maybe magic? I have tried thinking about some technological solution to the fact that some people are flooded out, while people 1000 miles away or less are suffering in drought. But I haven't come up with anything that isn't really destructive....

And since the areas that are in flood and the areas in drought change somewhat from year to year, big permanent pipeline installations would probably be pretty useless. Better minds than mine ought to be thinking about this though, water shortage is going to become a big issue.

STILL NO RAIN!

a0c8c
Greener Thumb

jal_ut wrote:My daughter in Quincy Illinois got 3.5 inches last night. Here for the whole month of September, we have got 0.01 inch. Ain't enough to wet your shirt.
We've been getting poured on for four to five days. Yesterday we couldn't get the weather channel cause it was raining so hard, yet just 50 miles west of us the San Antonion news was reading 0.00'' of rain. We're being flooded and no one else is. Not fair :(

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”