jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Kale and the Market

[img]https://donce.lofthouse.com/jamaica/market_table.jpg[/img]

I took a large kale plant to the market for a table decoration, and at the close of the market as I was gathering things up, a lady came along and bought the kale. I have sure had some beautiful kale this season.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Wow, that sure is a nice kale plant. That lady will probably use it for a decoration, too (well, until she gets hungry :lol: ).

Wat's that round thing with the little stem on top that's on the right end of the table towards the front? It looks like a big onion, or maybe a squash.

applestar
Mod

I wanna know what you're selling in the paper bags for $1. :>

Harlequin bugs have defoliated my Kale and Brussels Sprouts.
I've never seen so many of them or the stinkbugs. I suppose it's the drought. I wish the darn chipmunks would eat those bugs rather than my rice, apples, and tomatoes. :evil:

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Looks good Jim,

Are you selling swiss chard? Bright lights is very popular here.

Eric

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

The big round thing that looks like an onion is indeed an onion. Big Daddy.

The brown bags have 5 or 6 small dry onions in them.

I did not grow Bright Lights, but my son did and I garnered enough for a table decoration two weeks in a row, and someone bought it. :)

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

When I went out to gather for the market, I looked at my corn and it was not quite ready. I thought I would not have much to sell without corn. However, when I got to looking around I found: Beans, broccoli, cabbage, zucchini, arugula, jalapeno, dry onions, both small and large, green onions, crookneck, cucumbers, carrots, shallots, beets, and pumpkins.

This along with some home grown honey made for a pretty good day at the market. I sent about as much to the food pantry afterwards as I sold.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Our small town open air market is not very big and it turns into a social event more than a way to make a buck.

It has a page on facebook if you would like a look. [url=https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Paradise-Market/132668656762109]Market[/url]

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”