sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

my oat seeds are sprouting!

yippie! I hope they grow tall enough to have some to cut for weed control in the spring. I'm pushing it since I got it in so late.

I didn't get them all buried either. I sort of raked the ground and sprinkled the seeds and then tried to rake some soil on it but half of it didn't get buried. so hopefully its ok. whatever. I don't care anymore. I'm dealing with Captain Crankpants 11m old and yeah.

applestar
Mod

Yeah! Hope they do well for you. :D

Good luck with Mr. CP too. This is when they start testing their new-found mobility and showing some independence. I realize it can be a trial at times, but enjoy these times. It's a whole another ball game once they're independently mobile. :wink:

sheeshshe
Greener Thumb

yeah... he's been walking for 2 weeks now. and he climbs on EVERYTHING! the problem I am having is he is a major clingon and keeps freaking out if he's not attached to me. perhaps opposite of independence? LOL! its just a phase I'm sure.

back to the oats... I hope they grow fast before they die LOL!

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

I have pea vines sprouting. They also went in too late to be likely to produce any peas. They are just an inch or two tall and frost is due in a month or so. But hopefully they will spend this month doing their nitrogen fixing thing. Once they are frost killed, I will just bury them and mulch over everything. And the garlic I planted is sprouting too... maybe home grown garlic in the spring. It's all new things I'm trying, so it's fun whatever happens! :)

Next year maybe plant the peas earlier, while the tomatoes are still producing. The baby pea vines could be crawling up the outside of the tomato cage and wouldn't bother the big tomato plants any. Since it would still be warmer, the peas might like the shade of the tomatoes. Then by the time I took the tomato plants down, I might actually get to eat some peas before frost takes them.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”