csvd87

Does anybody grow Padron peppers?

If not then you should, I really wanted to add them to my already large variety I am growing next year, but after getting to try one.. or six, They are delicious, bought some from the farmers market today, did what the guy told me to do, kinda saute them in some olive oil to blister the skin a bit, take em out, salt, and chow down. Very mild peppers, slight bit hotter than an Anaheim I'd say, unless due to climate they came out very mild. Anyways, delicious pepper, try them if you can.

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Thanks for the heads up! I've never heard of them and will now be researching them online :D

garden5
Super Green Thumb

stella1751 wrote:Thanks for the heads up! I've never heard of them and will now be researching them online :D
Yeah, I'm always looking for something interesting to grow. Another neat pepper is.....arg, can't recall the exact name, but it has blue peppers. It's on the first page of the "indoor peppers" thread.

csvd87

haha, you mean the Filius Blue! haha, apparently their quite hot, I shall soon find out... maybe another week or two anyways.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

csvd87 wrote:haha, you mean the Filius Blue! haha, apparently their quite hot, I shall soon find out... maybe another week or two anyways.
Yeah, that's the one! Other peppers I've noticed that looks pretty interesting are the fish peppers, I'd like grow some of those as well.

csvd87

more info I read on the padron, apparently about 1 in 20 peppers will be hot, and all peppers if you let them grow to 2 to 3 inches.. however, the ones I have been munching were about 2 to 2 1/2 inches and still mild...

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”