KrazeyLady
Newly Registered

Transplanting Cabbage

Because I've been working on other people's gardens through-out the summer my own garden has been neglected this year. I left it to M.O.H. to water and weed. BIG mistake. Weeds up to my shoulders and even the compost is as dry as a bone.

I am in the process of starting a new veggie plot nearer the house so he wont have to carry watering cans up the hill to the original veg plot.
Can I safely transplant the cabbage and leeks to this new plot? Everything else has either died or come to the end of their growing season and these ones are barely hanging on. It's either transplant or feed to the animals.

Thanks for any advice

KrazeyLady

KrazeyLady
Newly Registered

Thanks!

Any Hope is better than No Hope;
Leeks have been in for months and are still not much larger than when originally planted so they are moving this afternoon.
Cabbages (a variety of types/colours) vary. The ones nearest the compost heaps have done slightly better than the ones further down the garden. Tomorrow I'll try and transplant them all.
If they grow - they grow.
If they don't - they don't

Cheers
K/Lady

garden5
Super Green Thumb

To help ease the transplant shock, give them plenty of water, some shade during the hottest part of the day, and, if you have a lot of wind, maybe set up a wind-brake near the plants. I'm not sure what your climate is like this time of year.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”