lorax
Greener Thumb

You can also go the other way, and make cakes from it.....

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28192

garden5
Super Green Thumb

LA, So I'd put spices in the bottom of a jar, put in the sliced (insert vegetable noun here) and pour in boiling salt water? Man, I'll have to give that a try. At least there will be no preservatives in it :).

Oh, and you can also grate it and make zucchini bread.

LindsayArthurRTR
Green Thumb

Yep, you got it!!! 8.5 cups water, 2.5 cups vinegar, .5 cup kosher salt. That's the brine recipe. It can be halved or quartered! Pickles need to sit in the fridge for at least a week before you eat them. Same thing if you can them, just not in the fridge. It's important that the brine be boiling when you pour it over the veggies. I made okra, cucumber, and carrot pickles today and I picture documented the whole story. Gonna post a topic later tonight on the recipe forum. Step by step pickles. :()

Hispoptart

I like to make and can sweet pickles out of them, I will have to try the dill. My kids love dill pickles.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

LindsayArthurRTR wrote:Yep, you got it!!! 8.5 cups water, 2.5 cups vinegar, .5 cup kosher salt. That's the brine recipe. It can be halved or quartered! Pickles need to sit in the fridge for at least a week before you eat them. Same thing if you can them, just not in the fridge. It's important that the brine be boiling when you pour it over the veggies. I made okra, cucumber, and carrot pickles today and I picture documented the whole story. Gonna post a topic later tonight on the recipe forum. Step by step pickles. :()
That sound great!

Back to zucchini, you could also make [url=https://allrecipes.com/recipe/stuffed-zucchini/]stuffed zucchini[/url].

Is it just me, or does it look like this thread is destined to be moved to the recipe section :lol:.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”