conn96

When will the flowers appear on my pumpkin vine?

Planted July 4th. 10 inch vines. No flowers. When will they appear?

stella1751
Greener Thumb

conn96, I set out pumpkin seedlings about a week before you did, and my plants are now pretty much done with production: 13 pumpkins on the hill and plants that are dying. What kind of environment (soil, space, weather) does your pumpkin have?

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Something didn't work right for you. 10" vines is very small. They just haven't grown and thrived enough to be flowering. By now you should have more like 10' of vine.

You didn't give any information on which we could even speculate about what went wrong. What size were they when planted? Basic requirements for pumpkins are lots of sun all day, lots of water, very fertile well drained soil.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

stella1751 wrote:conn96, I set out pumpkin seedlings about a week before you did, and my plants are now pretty much done with production: 13 pumpkins on the hill and plants that are dying. What kind of environment (soil, space, weather) does your pumpkin have?
Here's the difference: you set out seedlings, Con planted seeds. You have probably 3 weeks on him/her alone.

Next, consider that your climates may have differed during the growing period.

I think this would account for the some of the growth differences (sorry if I'm sounding critical, the tone's just coming out that way :roll: :p).

Now, Con, what is it growing in and how does it look. That will help us.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”