tinamy
Newly Registered

First time gardener here is what I have so far

It sure is taking a long time for veggies to ripen. I have had a handful of Zukes, 2 Cukes, lots of cherry tomatoes, 1 lemon cuke, 2 onions, peas and some crook neck squash. Here are some pics.

[url]https://adventuresof2gourmetchefwannabes.blogspot.com/2010/08/look-what-I-grew-my-first-cucumber.html[/url]

hit or miss
Green Thumb

I'd say you're headed in the right direction!

Welcome to the forum. :D

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Nice.

You do know there is no turning back now. You are one of us now. Don't worry if you start having dreams about gardening it is totally normal.

:lol:

But looking good It seems you have more planted from reading your blog. Keep us informed. If you have any questions this is place to ask.

Good luck

Dono

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

From the looks of your pictures, I'd say you're doing something right. You obviously have no problem with Squash Vine Borers-----yet, and I truly hope you don't.

The pic of your tomato plant looks great. Nice deep green foliage and quite a few ripe, red tomatoes.

It is hard to tell by the pic of your cucumber plant if it is vining on the ground or is it on a trellis. I personally, believe in the trellis system to keep the fruit off the ground and save precious garden space. Heck, even if I had the space, I'd likely still do a trellis since it makes picking real easy.

engineeredgarden
Green Thumb

To add to what gumbo said, I'd trellis cabbage if I thought it was possible. They rock!!!

EG

gumbo2176
Super Green Thumb

[quote="engineeredgarden"]To add to what gumbo said, I'd trellis cabbage if I thought it was possible. They rock!!!

I trellised cantaloupes one year and used my wife's discarded nylon hose to contain and support them by tying them off on the wire of the trellis. The hose stretched enough to allow the fruit to develop nicely.

If you have a lot of cabbage to harvest, that is a lot of bending over and if they are large heads, it can become heavy work too.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Wow, looking good. The tomatoes you could bring indoors to ripen, but other than that, just give it all some time. I've found that a lot of times things will just start ripening quickly.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”