timberjet

got pictures fixed. mystery squash or melon?

Hi everybody. I bought a pack of scarlet runner seeds this last spring and planted them all around my oval kitchen garden, here is what grew.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timberjet/?saved=1
Last edited by timberjet on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

timberjet

sorry I finally figured out some way to post some pics.
Last edited by timberjet on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timberjet

I'm sorry I was losing my patience trying to post pictures so I hope the link works and would like to thank everyone in advance for any and all ideas as to what these are. The vines are very long and the leaves all look exactly like my zucchini leaves.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

Tammy,

Are you attempting to link the photos to a folder on your computer? If you are, it will not work. You need to store the photos on a free service like Photobucket or Flicker and then link to that URL.

I am unable to load your photos. I may be the only one who can't, but looking at the URL provided, it looks like your C:\ drive.

Ted

timberjet

Sorry about that. I will try that.

timberjet

timberjet wrote:Sorry about that. I will try that.
seems to work now. sorry and thanks

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

timberjet,

Seems to be a lot of chatter on this forum lately about mislabeled seed. Is there something wrong with quality control this year?

What did the seeds look like. Scarlet runner beans are black with red to purple blotches. They are rather large also. Most squashes are whitish and flat, with a ridge around the rim.

Can't ID the squash, maybe a gourd of some kind. The first picture, looks kind of like a small hubbard.

timberjet

they were large maroon colored bean looking seeds with one spot on one end. This is really weird, I will get pictures of some of the other different looking ones when the light is right. I cut one small one open yesterday and it looked like the first picture except it was half yellow like a zephyr. It smelled kind of like cucumber, but tasted horrible, like straight baking soda. I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth for the rest of the day. Another thing is I got soil from all over the place this year and there could have been seeds in there that I don't know about. I guess it will be interesting to see what comes of it.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

Nice garden Tammy! I don't recognize the squash. They do look more like a gourd to me. I also wouldn't recognize a scarlet runner if I was looking it.

Ted

62SY4
Newly Registered

Those looks like eightball squash to me

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Well, your garden is nice, but I can't call the squash, either. If I had to say, I'd say it was a decorative gourd.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”