But Cashews aren't legumes - they're members of the Anacardiaceae! Just like Mangoes, Pepper trees, Sumac, and Poison Ivy. (That's one that always blows my mind
Dixana, to answer your initial question for common food crops:
* Tomatoes, Potatoes, Eggplant and Peppers are Solanums/Solanaceae (aka the Nightshade family, a fairly large one).
* Broccoli, Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Mustard, and Kale are Brassicas / Cruciferous veggies (aka the Cabbage family.)
* Beets, Chard, Spinach, Quinoa, Strawberry Goosefoot, and Epazote are Chenopodiums/Chenopodiaceae (aka the Quinoa or Goosefoot family)
* Carrots, Dill, Anise, Sweet Cicely, Queen Anne's Lace, Parsely, Hemlock and Celery are Apiums/Apiaceae (aka the Celery family, which is very large.)
* Cucumbers, Squashes, Zucchinis, and Melons are Curcubits/Curcubitaceae (Cucumber family)
* Thyme, Oregano, Mint, Basil, Lavender, Sage, Catnip, Heal-All, a plethora of others, including almost all major kitchen herbs, and the hardwood tree Teak, are Lamiales (Mint family, which is gigantic.)
* Lettuce is from the Aster family, like Daisies, Chrysanthemums, and a whole truckload more - the Asteraceae is only marginally smaller that the Fabiaceae - ie the legumes.)
* Peas, Beans, Peanuts/Groundnuts/Goobers, Soy, Liquorice, Redbud, Sweet Peas, Acacia, and Locust trees are all Legumes (Fabaceae, the bean family - as commented above, one of the largest families out there.)
* Apples, Pears, Quince, Plums, Cherries, Peaches, Apricots, and other stone fruit, Pomegranites, Almonds, Stawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Rowanberry, and Roses are all members of the Rosaceae (aka the Rose family, another big one.)
* Corn, Wheat, Barley, Rye, Spelt, Oats, Bamboo, Papyrus, Sedge, and your lawn, all belong to the Poaceae (aka the Grass family.)
* Hops and Cannabis belong to the Hemp family.
* Coffee, Cinchona (Quinine bark), Gardenia, and Noni are in the Coffee family.
* Cacao, Hibiscus, Cotton, Durian, Okra, Marshmallow, and Kapok are all part of the Mallow family.
* Bananas, Ginger, Turmeric, Shellflowers, Maranta (Prayer plants), Arrowroots, Ctenanthe, and Ensete are in the Ginger family.
I think that covers what most of us grow.