oldschoolvdub
Cool Member

Zucchini Issues...

This is what about half of my zucchini looks like. I'm not sure why it keeps doing this. Thoughts?

[img]https://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/oldschoolvdub/35a63a3d.jpg[/img]

kgall

I have a similar problem with my cucumbers. I am guessing it's a pollination issue. I am curious to see if anyone else has any other ideas.

Avonnow
Green Thumb

I have been getting alot of books from the library as I also am new, and I had a similiar issue with my cucumbers, per the various books - they showed this on watermelon, cucumbers, squashes and said it was from improper watering, either too much or tool little. It mis-shapens the fruit. On my cucumbers I started really watering deep and every few days as they need the water for fruit development, I started notcing that the mis-shapened ons disappeared. I haven't had that on squash because I am not lucky enough to get enough to have good or bad ones, but that is another issue. So I hope that helps alittle. :wink:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Not thinking it is a pollination issue. The zukes that don't get pollinated, grow for a little while then shrivel up and drop off. But they never get as big as the pictured ones and they stay a more even size, not big on one end and small on the other.

Avonn's sounds like a good suggestion. Watering deeply is always a good thing. I'd guess that yours aren't getting enough water and/or nutrients to fill out properly.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”