FruitAddict
Cool Member

Pepper Plants - Another Flooded Garden Question

I am just curious why you think the peppers on the higher ground are looking worse than the ones on lower and wetter ground.

I my theory is that it has rained so much since I planted them that their roots never had to grow to far down for moisture and now that we've actually had almost 3 entire days without rain and been around 85 they are struggling for moisture.

Should I pick the peppers off them to give them a better chance of surviving? Water them? Just wait it out and see what happens?

Sorry If I'm annoying everyone with all my questions - I've never had a year like this before and I would like to get a little something out of my garden this year.

crobi13

Your theory sounds good but when you say they look worse, what does that mean? What do they look like? Do they look too dry? Do they have any damage?

FruitAddict
Cool Member

Yesterday they looked like healthy thriving plants - today the leaves have a wilted hanging look to them.

specgrade

When I see my pepper plants' leaves hanging low I water them. About an hour or so later they are sitting pretty. I imagine if your plants have peppers on them they will need the extra water. Just me thinking out loud. Good luck!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”