dkhunter
Newly Registered

Need Help with Pepper Plants

Hi am new to the forum and am looking for help with my Hot Pepper Plants. They have recently developed brown spots on the leaves and the leaves seem to be shriveling up. Attached are some pictures. Please let me know what I should do. [img]https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af175/dkhunter/Habanero1.jpg[/img]

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Welcome to the forum :D

It's hard to tell, but it maybe Bacterial Spot. Warm weather and wet foliage is a bad combination. Has it been raining :?: Crop rotation and mulching the soil would help. You could try the diluted milk spray also.

Eric

crobi13

It also looks like it could be sun-scald. It seems like only the top leaves are affected, the ones that are most exposed to the sun.
Are you watering the plants during the hottest part of the day? If the water sits on the leaves during the heat of the day, it attracts the sun & burns the leaves. Try only watering in the early morning or late afternoon & see if that helps.
Good luck!

dkhunter
Newly Registered

Thanks for the replys. It was very hot here last week for about 5 days straight. I also sprayed them with a pesticide recently. Would that cause the spots?

RyanDe680
Cool Member

Ouch... pesticide + direct hot sunlight = spots.

That might be your cause right there. You might have burned the leaves....

farmerlon
Green Thumb

dkhunter wrote: I also sprayed them with a pesticide recently. Would that cause the spots?
Did you spray because you were having a really bothersome pest problem, or was it just a "preventative" (in advance) spraying?
I haven't found that there is much that bothers my Pepper plants. I would advise not spraying anything unless you absolutely have to.

dkhunter
Newly Registered

I had some eggplants that we getting attacked by beetles so when sprayed them I did the pepper plants too. I guess I should have just sprayed the eggplants. Is there anything I should do to the peppers now? What will the effects be?

farmerlon
Green Thumb

dkhunter wrote:I had some eggplants that we getting attacked by beetles so when sprayed them I did the pepper plants too. I guess I should have just sprayed the eggplants. Is there anything I should do to the peppers now? What will the effects be?
I assume that you had Flea Beetles in the Eggplants, they are notorious for that. The Flea Beetles are not likely to ever bother the Peppers.

The Pepper plants will probably recover. If any of the leaves start to look really bad (dieing), I would probably go ahead and prune those leaves off.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”