microcollie
Green Thumb

Love to hear that people are getting rid of their laws in favor of gardens. My gardens won't be big enough until my property is free of grassy lawns!! Still have about 3/4 of an acre to deal with. (But my plan is just a native wildflower meadow)

applestar
Mod

This year, my designated "wildflower meadow" a.k.a. "Sunny Meadow" is also providing growing space for Yellow Crookneck squash, 6 tomatoes, 1 large bell pepper, leeks, bush beans and a stray pole bean that is sprawling around with no pole to grow on, some squashes, sweet potato, edamame, and cotton. :wink:

...I wanted to replicate the idea of strolling in the meadow and accidentally kicking a pumpkin nestled in the undergrowth, described in Masanobu Fukuoka's One Straw Revolution as well as in one of Sepp Holzer's on-line videos.

pepper4
Green Thumb

For me my garden is big enough which consists of alot of containers and a few things thrown in with my flower beds. I basically grow what we eat the most of, peppers, onions, mators, garlic, celery and cukes. I thought about making more space but living in the city is hard. I would have to dig up plants and flowers that I have had for a number of years. Can't trade 1 for another. I have done really well this year due to some advice I got last year and maybe this strange weather helped. Don't have the answer but have done well and next year hope to do better with what I have to work with. I tell myself it is small but it is mine. :D

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”