gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Eggplant problems

I have about 6 eggplant with a bunch of fruit on them. I have picked one so far. That one was perfect. Since than it has been extremely hot and high humidity here. So after work I haven't gone out much, being I work outside.

But all of the sudden all of the fruit, maybe 15 on the plants, have all started to shrivel and the plants look like they are dying as well. I know I haven't over-watered maybe under watered but not by that much. Could it be not enough fertilization, too much heat. I thought eggplant liked extreme heat. This is my first year with them.

About ready to pull them :x and plant something else. :D

(Oops I thought I was in the vegetable forum) :oops: Move me if you will.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Man, that's too bad, Gix :(.

It sounds like your eggplants may have gotten the [url=https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/vegetable/eggplant-problems-eggplant-pests-and-diseases.htm]bacterial blight[/url].

Is every one of them this way?

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Most of them are like this and that is very possible looking at some links. Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately you may be right. :x

I suppose it is too late for them. Not sure if I should pull them now or wait a bit and see if they recover. I'm thinking I should pull them but I hate to cull a plant if there is a chance of recovery. I thought a few of my tomatoes were doomed early this spring they have come back with amazing vigor. I was damn close to pulling them.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”