sassyjvg

A Little Gardening Humor

Just thinkin, only on a gardening forum would this statement never be misunderstood: "Ah yeah, I just scored several pounds of grass from my mother's house"lol!!! I really did!!!(If you don't believe me ask me for photos)
I believe this scenario works for both the composting and vegetable gardening forum!

Halfway
Green Thumb

LOL.

Dude, you got the grass? I need it bad!

I'll pick it up after it gets dark.

8)

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Wait around to this fall when everyone is taking the bagged leaves from other peoples curbs. Now that is a good time. :P

Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

Gardening gives new meaning to: Bag lady or Bag man?

Bag of lawn clippings, leaves, dirt... ha ha

tomf
Super Green Thumb

I have some weed I need to get rid of.

731greener101
Cool Member

The house next door is empty and up for sale.The elderly lady(a gardener herself)that lived there died 18 months ago.The children come by once in a while and mow the tall grass real short.Needless to say there is an abundant supply of clippings.I give them a couple of days to dry then collect some for my compost bin and compost tumbler as needed.No complaints from the kids yet.They are nice people...right after her death we were talking in the yard and they said they knew she would be happy knowing her garden stuff would be used and gave me a bunch of pots.But what I really appreciated was being able to score the earthworms in her 12x12 vegetable garden.When I am able to catch her children I give them maters.Greener

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Here's another statement: "The grass is a good 7 in high; man, I can't wait to go out and cut it".

I'll have to admit, it never occurred to me that you could go and take the bags of leaves people leave at their curb. :lol:

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

garden5 wrote:Here's another statement: "The grass is a good 7 in high; man, I can't wait to go out and cut it".

I'll have to admit, it never occurred to me that you could go and take the bags of leaves people leave at their curb. :lol:
Who would turn down free grass. Now where is my bong .... uhhh I mean mean mower. :lol:

Halfway
Green Thumb

hoes in the garden! hoes in the garden! Look boys, hoes in the garden!!

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Well let me get my Hori Hori, :D It's a Japanese gardening knife

VeggieGrower

My husband hates it that I'm out hoeing most afternoons. :kidding:

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I have a lot of weed. I hoe early in the morning I think it is cooler then. I cut down all my corn yesterday to make room for 4 rows of Blue Lake Bush Beans.

tomf
Super Green Thumb

Next to where I get my car worked on there is a in door grow shop; it looks it takes a lot of money to grow in door tomatos. :roll:

sassyjvg

Speaking of haulin grass... Jokes on me now. It seems it's not such a good idea to leave a damp bag of the goods in the trunk overnight when temperatures exceed 90 degrees. I thought there was something spoiled in the garage's trash can but it turned out to be the "can" I drive. The smell is strong enough to knock a grown man to his knees. :oops: Now I ask, what the heck was I smoke, I mean thinkin?

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Yeah, spoiled grass is certainly a strong smell. I'd leave the trunk open for a few days and maybe shampoo it if it's still smelling strong.

Halfway
Green Thumb

sassyjvg wrote:Speaking of haulin grass... Jokes on me now. It seems it's not such a good idea to leave a damp bag of the goods in the trunk overnight when temperatures exceed 90 degrees. I thought there was something spoiled in the garage's trash can but it turned out to be the "can" I drive. The smell is strong enough to knock a grown man to his knees. :oops: Now I ask, what the heck was I smoke, I mean thinkin?
Add some browns and consider the car your new compost bin. :lol:

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Officer: Excuse me, would you mind stepping out of the vehicle at this time. I'm gonna need you to open the trunk. We have canines on the way.

sassyjvg: honestly it's just grass from the lawn. :shock:

Officer: Get in the back of the cruiser and don't give me any trouble. We'll let the drug dog's see WHAT kind of grass it is. You damn hippies make me sick. Now get in the cruiser!

:lol:

garden5
Super Green Thumb

gixxerific wrote:Officer: Excuse me, would you mind stepping out of the vehicle at this time. I'm gonna need you to open the trunk. We have canines on the way.

sassyjvg: honestly it's just grass from the lawn. :shock:

Officer: Get in the back of the cruiser and don't give me any trouble. We'll let the drug dog's see WHAT kind of grass it is. You damn hippies make me sick. Now get in the cruiser!

:lol:
A bag of hot, decomposing grass? That officer wouldn't need dogs to locate it, he could probably smell it himself.......from is car! :lol:.

If it was contained in the bag, you shouldn't have a hard time getting the smell out.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”