cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

All I want to do is garden...

Its really bad when you go from the blackest thumb around to growing an entire garden of edible wonders.

My only problem, is now all I want to do is garden! Oh how I sit at my desk day after day dreaming of what to plant next!

Does anyone there make a living off of their love of gardening? :lol:

Or at least wish you could to? Tell me I am not the only one!

hit or miss
Green Thumb

It would be nice! I'd like a much simpler lifestyle myself. I wouldn't even mind being the weird dude on the corner who has no yard, just vegetables and flowers who lives in a ramble down shack and talks to plants. :shock: DW has other, more grandiose plans for me though!

hockeymom519

I'm the same. I sit at work wishing I could be home in my garden. We are going to be laying sod for our front yard and I tried to tell DH we should just use save money on the sod and turn our front yard into more vegetable gardens, LOL. He didn't go for it.

LindsayArthurRTR
Green Thumb

I'm the same way.. It's my serenity :wink:

hit or miss
Green Thumb

Here is some serious information you might want to take a look at https://www.attra.ncat.org/attra-pub/local_food/.

Cool stuff!

csvd87

I just started this year but I find myself totally zoned out at work, wondering what I can plant next, how my plants did that day, I'm always online looking for interesting things to grow, new things to grow

Urban_Garden
Cool Member

Thank god! :o I thought I was crazy! Yeah, I've become obsessed. I will spend hours in my garden just watching stuff grow and doing pointless stuff just to be there. It is my meditation, my calm, my happy place. Honestly, I think I freak the neighbors out when I'm always outside, checking the plants and all that but hey, they just don't understand (excluding the neighbors that garden of course!).

I might need to take a break; I've started to dream that I was a vegetable in my garden. :?

csvd87

Nah, you're fine, you fit in with the rest of us, I am currently one click away from ordering about 6 more kinds of seeds...

Man I gotta get busy and build me my garden for next year.. currently doing all containers, but... gonna go big next year :) :) when I have time to set it all up, kinda got a late start with it this year.

Dixana
Greener Thumb

Nope, all us gardeners are a little nuts. My *edit* next door neighbor next called the cops on me the other night saying there was a prowler. I was in the garden with a flashlight at midnight slug hunting :lol: Funny now, but he is still a class A blank. (the list of things he has done/said just in the 7 months we have lived here is astounding, I pray he is on vacation when we sell this place and potential buyers come around)
But aside from that, if it tells you anything about how obsessed I've become, it's close to midnight here once again and I'm on this site and sittin surrounded by seed catalogs already plotting next years plantings........ and have the hubby looking at grow lights for my seedlings since I talk about it so often :D :D :D and have a huge stack of containers saved for seed starting and have a list of places to check about dirt for next years raised beds and.......well I think we all get the idea :lol:

sweet thunder

I hear you. I recently quit my job and I'm waiting as long as I possibly can to look for another one because I want to spend the whole summer in the garden!

saku

You all have made me realize how good I have it. I am a teacher, so I get to visit my garden as often as I like, and stay for as long as I want during the summer. I even placed my covered swing nearby so I can watch my garden grow while sitting in the shade and absorbing all the goodness around me. :)

Dixana
Greener Thumb

What a nice idea! I think I'd like a hammock by the garden so I can read and watch the garden grow...... but alas I have a rotten 2 yr old boy who would never allow such a thing to happen!

applestar
Mod

I used to swing in the hammock with my DD's when they were little -- read a story or cloud watch. They would fall asleep and take a nap. Only difficulty was that I couldn't get up unless I had a helper to hand them off to.

I've been lurking and enjoying your enthusiasm. Carry on. :wink:

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Yeah, it'd be nice to have a garden large enough to be able to sell the produce at farmer's markets and the like.

cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Oh I love you all! I am not alone!!!

My neighbors see my corn growing and its taller than the fence now so they are "joining" in on my excitement. And they are becoming use to me shouting out loud YAY another watermelon!!!!

If only the nurseries around here paid what I make now or enough to live on here in Sacramento I would quit my job!

Urban_Garden
Cool Member

cherishedtiger wrote:Oh I love you all! I am not alone!!!

My neighbors see my corn growing and its taller than the fence now so they are "joining" in on my excitement. And they are becoming use to me shouting out loud YAY another watermelon!!!!

If only the nurseries around here paid what I make now or enough to live on here in Sacramento I would quit my job!
Working in a nursery wouldn't be bad. :D

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”