gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Hidden Cumber harvest today plus mystery fruit????

These have been eluding me so many hidden cukes. There is also a chocolate beauty pepper in there.

Does anyone know what the fruit is in front of the basket? It is a volunteer most likely from a cucumber but it kinda looks like a zucchini though I didn't grow any last year. This was a hybrid so who knows what it is.

[img]https://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj185/gixxerific/Gardening/DSC03948.jpg[/img]

Vicky

Try eating it. It could be a cross of another melon. Last year we had watermelon zucchini. Unforunately, it wasn't very good tasting.

applestar
Mod

So, how'd it taste? 8)

Don't for get that overgrown cukes and some gourds are better cooked. Saute or stir fry seems to work. Also Chinese food recipes call for them to be stir fried in oil first then some kind of sauce to be built around them like your typical Chinese food. :wink:

hit or miss
Green Thumb

Looks like a batch of relish cukes to me! I'm up to 30 pounds off of 4 hills now.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

hit or miss wrote:Looks like a batch of relish cukes to me! I'm up to 30 pounds off of 4 hills now.
I know what the basket is full of the one in front is the mystery. A hybrid redone, so it cold be anything. Watercuke, zucchmelon, cupumpkin? :?

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Looks like a cross between a yellow summer squash and a zucchini.

If I were to name it, I would call it "Compost".

You better eat at least one to see what the flavor is since you have grown it.l

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”