rkunsaw

I'm back

I've been gone for 2 1/2 weeks. We were in California when my neighbor called and said there was a big limb fell on the power lines and broke the pole next to our house.The electric co. put in a new pole and got the power on right away.When we got home the corn was flat on the ground.We managed to harvest it though some was not quite ready.The bush beans were dying,but the rest of the garden looks good.Wednesday is my day to cook, so I made a stir fry with cabbage,potatoes,okra,cucumbers,onions,and squash from the garden.It's good to be home. :lol:
Larry

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Welcome back. Two and a half weeks is indeed a long time to be gone from a garden. Glad you were able to salvage some good stuff, and the meal sounds yummy

tedln
Super Green Thumb

We are leaving mid July to ride ATV's in the mountains of Colorado until the end of July. That will be almost two weeks. I have my garden set up to water automatically so that doesn't concern me. I am concerned about getting home and finding squash, cucumbers, tomatoes, and other veggies that have been ripe on the plant for two weeks. Some plants stop producing if not harvested. Normally, our family will harvest the garden when we are gone, but this time all of our family are leaving town at the same time heading different directions. I will ask my neighbors to harvest, but they travel a lot also. I may simply have the opportunity to see what a ten pound yellow squash and ten pound cucumber look like when I get home.

Ted

garden5
Super Green Thumb

You know, it always seems like everything that can go wrong, will........while you're on vacation and not around to fix it :roll:. Hey, at least the electric company didn't destroy the garden.....they are sometimes slightly careless around landscaping.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”