Cerbiesmom

Rain, rain, go away!

My garden has been in standing water since Friday, when we got all that rain from Alex, and we've had rain every day since then. :evil: My little corn seedlings that I started a week or so ago are dying. I'll have to start again if it ever dries out.

The good news? One of my squash finally has a female flower! It hasn't open yet, but any day now. And I've had a few pumpkin flowers open, all male, but it was pretty.

rootsy
Green Thumb

I'll be more than happy to take an inch if you can spare it.. Send it to Michigan post haste.

specgrade

Wow, sorry to hear that Cerbiesmom, is there anyway cut a trench and devert some of that water? Good luck.

731greener101
Cool Member

Has not rained here in 5 weeks.I will take all your extra!!!!We have a chance of rain in the next 2 days. All chances less than 60%.That usually means no chance.I hauled 50 gallons of well water from a friends just up the road for my 4x10 raised bed this morning.Trimmed some foliage that may reduce some need but probably not.Greener

Cerbiesmom

We're so saturated at this point that every time it rains, the streets are flooding halfway up our driveway. There's just nowhere the water can go. And really, the garden isn't the worst part. Anybody ever try to housetrain 2 puppies in pouring rain. Not fun :x

It's raining again. I hope I'll be able to get home from work. I had to stop at my sister's house yesterday for an hour to let the water go down. I wish I could send you guys some of the extra. Crazy houston weather.

applestar
Mod

Put me on the list. Crazy weather is right. :roll:
Good luck with your puppies. :wink:
(... and your garden, of course.)

Rain, Rain, come this-a way!!
But don't forget to stop at rootsy's and greener's
along the way!!

TWC015

I'm in the opposite situation.

I need a good soaking rain. There hasn't been a good rain (at least 3/4 of an inch) since early May. I've had to water all summer.

Cerbiesmom

applestar wrote:Put me on the list. Crazy weather is right. :roll:
Good luck with your puppies. :wink:
(... and your garden, of course.)

along the way!!
Thanks, I'll take all the luck I can, with the pups and the garden.

731greener101
Cool Member

Weatherman said 100% chance of rain at 3:00 this afternoon,then moved it back to 95% at 5:00,now its 80% at 9:00pm.Looks like I will be hauling water in the morning.Greener P.S.If you here a relieved YIPPEE from W. Tennessee direction that would be me.

barbelle

I'm in the same boat as you. I am in Clear Lake and the rain has been relentless. Luckily I garden in containers, so a lot of the water drains off. It would be really nice to have some sun, but it looks like it will be another week until we get some.

Hispoptart

Oh sure hope your garden recovers. we got hit last night, with about 1/2 inch in about a 1/2hr, plus hail. No real damage plants were a bit unhappy, but after the gentil rain for about 2 hr's more and the sunshine today they are just fine and well watered.

LindsayArthurRTR
Green Thumb

along the way!!
ME TOO! ME TOO! ME TOO! :()

731greener101
Cool Member

Got up to fix the morning pot of coffee and checked to see if weatherman finally got it right....alas...he is still batting a thousand.Gonna put the water barrels back in the truck(had taken them out and put them in the receive water position under eave) and take them for their periodic ride down the road.Could be worse I could be growing corn for a living.Greener

731greener101
Cool Member

yippee!I would have italisized but the all plants in the area drowned me out with a collective sigh of relief.It's just a drizzle and on radar looks to be for an hour or less......but hey it sure is nice to feel the rain on my face again.Greener

731greener101
Cool Member

Seems an unpredicted shower came through last night.The best one yet!Combined looks to be about an inch in the last day.Temperature was 68 degrees this morning.All in all a good 24 hours.I may even have a reason to mow soon.Greener

applestar
Mod

Did you have your rain barrels back in position? That's a tough call.
Why do the weather people get paid again? :roll:

731greener101
Cool Member

As a matter of fact I did have my rain barrels in place.Collected slightly more than 2 gallons each.Would have done better if they were connected to gutter downspouts.In the process of demolition of yard swing made of 4x4s.I will construct with already sourced materials to build a 2(X) barrel rack attached to gutter downspouts.I try to recycle/reuse all materials I can.I have two unmolested food grade plastic barrels waiting in the wings.Greener

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”