MaryDel

My rain gauge (bucket) shows I have gotten a little over 1.5" of rain over the last two days. I cant believe the difference in my garden. Corn that I had written off a few days ago has grown 6 inches in the 32 hours since the first storm passsed through. WE are still getting a nice slow drizzle here at the moment.

This is just what I needed to finish out my first plantings of sweet corn which have just started to come on. I'll be putting up corn for the winter by next weekend.

My main crop of tomatoes is just starting to turn too, so I shouldn't get any blowouts from the rain. I just hope my crop of Rutgers ripens before I go on vacation.

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

We actually got some rain, with another thunderstorm, wasn't so severe this time, only 30mph winds so thats not bad. However it was over the night just like all the rest of the storms. It would be better during the day so it can dry to prevent fungus from forming.

LindsayArthurRTR
Green Thumb

60% chance of rain today. Looks like it's gonna, it has all day, but not even a drop :evil: :evil: :evil: We got an official letter in the mail a couple days ago...we have been in a drought, and now we are on water restrictions. :cry: :? :evil:

Saw the neighbor washing his car yesterday... Had to really,REALLY resist the urge to throw one of my rotten tomatoes at it when he was done... Jerk!

Sigh... We are running out of water :cry:

csvd87

we just had 5 days of 29C to 35C and today it was only about 20C, too bad too, my peppers were loving the heat. Oh well, it'll be back.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”