This stuff appeared on the bricks of by brick raised bed and in the soil of my cedar raised bed OVERNIGHT! I wish my other plants grew this fast!!!
I'm guessing it's a fungus of some sort...My biggest concern is could it be dangerous to my kids, dog or plants?
It has to be something in the compost from our municipal compost pile...
Even stranger...when my son and I left this morning we were surprised to see 8 to 10 small (dime sized top) mushrooms about 2 inches tall growing in a large pot I have a tomatoe plant in...when we arrived back home at 5pm the mushrooms and any sign of them were gone????