ajijoe

what does Fidalga Roxa peppers look like???

hello to all I have a slight dilemma

over the winter I traded seeds, in some of my trades I got Poinsettia pepper seeds and and in another Fidalga Roxa seeds

to make a long story short, I had to transplant them inside over the winter once because they grew so well(fast)

what happened when I transplanted them I forgot which was which?? duh!!

this may sound dumb, but I determined which was the "Poinsettia", from a pic on line, they look like a "Mirasol" pepper because they grow straight up to the sun, they both have fruit and now and was curious if anyone can send me a pic of what a "Fidalga Roxa" pepper looks like,I could not find anything online, I'm also not completely convinced its Fidalga Roxa in the pic yet,also they are only in green phase right now

I have a pic of the plant in question but don't know how to post pics here on Gardenweb

if anyone wishes I can send them the pic via email and promise I no viruses or junk associated, I took this pic myself with my digital camera

if anyone can help please reply

thanks your friend Ajijoe

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

"don't know how to post pics here on Gardenweb "

WE ARE NOT GARDENWEB !! :) I'm not sure if they can post pictures, the times I've been over there (rarely!) I never see any.

You CAN post pictures here at The Helpful Gardener. Instructions for doing so are linked in my signature line.

Otherwise, I can't help you. I never heard of that pepper and I couldn't find an on-line image of it either.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Man, that must be a pretty rare variety. When I Googled "Fidalga Roxa Pepper," this thread was at the top of the search results. Perhaps you can identify the other varieties and the remaining ones will be the Fidalga Roxa?

ajijoe

ok NOT GARDEN WEB now that we got that resolved (LOL)

yes the Fidalga Roxa is a little rare not too much though, I am getting seeds from a fellow in Brazil

turns out I sent him a pic of a pepper plant I have growing to this fellow in Brazil that I am getting the ROXA seeds, I got seeds in a trade that were mis-marked as per its species, I sent a pic of the pepper in question but they were still in green phase he was kind enough to let me know at least that it was a FIDALGA species and one of three color variations "VERMAHA"= red LARANJA= orange AMARELIA= yellow, turns out FIDALGA ROXA has a different shape all together and is a deep purple, the language used is Portuguese so if the Spanish looks a little different that's why

thanks your friend Joe

:lol: :D :lol:

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”