timberjet

BBBBBBRRRRRR!

25 degrees this morning . I hope everything made it. Dang! I did have some warning yesterday so I bucketed my smaller tomato's and wrapped the big one, milk jugs on the zukes too. I just did not know it was going to get that darn cold. It was 25 at 7am so it must have gotten down to 22 at least. It is supposed to be cold again tonight so if anything made it last night maybe I will get some hay from the neighbors. The squash just came up day before yesterday, and luckily only one came up per hill so far. All my stuff is in raised beds, one concrete block bed and several wood ones. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Darceyoh

Brrr! That is cold for June!
~Me~

Dixana
Greener Thumb

:shock: I may never complain about Wisconsin weather again.....

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Dixana wrote::shock: I may never complain about Wisconsin weather again.....
.....I may not complain about my middle of may frost (last year) again!

Hope all of your plants make it. :?
There's something new growing in the Helpful Gardener Forum! Become a part of it here!

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Holy moly! :shock:

I would gladly give you a good portion of my temps than we could even out. It's been mid 90's here with upper 90's next week maybe hitting 100. :x

Good luck with your plantings, it will come around for you, never fear too much.

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Timberjet, do not even think of sending that weather system my way. We just got done with our own four-day cold spell, which was followed by 24 hours of 50+ MPH winds, and I lost most of my cucumbers, watermelons, and bush beans. Like your squash, the bush beans and one bed of cukes were just coming up. I don't think the bush beans will ever come up now, but some of the cukes have begun to make a belated appearance. (We got a lot of rain with our system, though.)

You've got to live somewhere near Stanley. When I'm feeling sorry for myself, living here in cold, windy Wyoming, I remind myself things could be worse: I could live in Stanley, ID :shock:

I hope everything makes it!
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

MaryDel

25 is crazy for Mid June :shock:

Alberto Gorez, the noted South American Global Cooling Climatologist appears to be on the right path! :lol:

timberjet

stella1751 wrote:Timberjet, do not even think of sending that weather system my way. We just got done with our own four-day cold spell, which was followed by 24 hours of 50+ MPH winds, and I lost most of my cucumbers, watermelons, and bush beans. Like your squash, the bush beans and one bed of cukes were just coming up. I don't think the bush beans will ever come up now, but some of the cukes have begun to make a belated appearance. (We got a lot of rain with our system, though.)

You've got to live somewhere near Stanley. When I'm feeling sorry for myself, living here in cold, windy Wyoming, I remind myself things could be worse: I could live in Stanley, ID :shock:

I hope everything makes it!
Well, somehow everything made it just fine except some bush beans that were just popping up. Boy I sure am glad for no horrible wind with that, whew! I live near sun valley. Stanley is A pretty place but I couldn't imagine gardening there. I do enjoy sitting in all the wonderful hotsprings near there though. Most of the gardens just A little north of here were totally wiped out and the garden centers are cleaned out right now. I would have to drive 100 miles south right now to get any starts for replacement. The joys of mountain gardening.

stella1751
Greener Thumb

Timberjet, are you planning on replanting the beans? I replanted cucumbers yesterday. They don't have a snowball's chance of ever producing, not with the year we've been having. A few years back, we got 6" of snow on September 1, but that's the exception, not the rule. We could have a late fall.

It's not all bad. A few cucumber seedlings survived in one bed (the rest froze). The other bed I sowed directly, and I finally have seedlings popping up there, so I should get some cucumbers, anyway. That's assuming we don't get what Billings got last night. What a mess for those poor gardeners!

I have decided not to replant the bush beans. It's just too late. In two weeks, I'll put some peas in that bed. Today I am going to run to garden centers in search of watermelon seedlings. If I can't find any, I'll plant seeds. Ha! That's going to happen.

I want a do-over on this garden season :evil:
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”