Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

I was last in Pine Bluff in 1984. So, sure in 26 years, it probably looks alot different. I remember it as alot of trees, and pretty lawns, that is about all I remember though. My brother was in the hospital there, so we went there. Maybe, it looked pretty because it was the destination after a long drive? tee hee But, I was still glad to get back to my hills.

Even if I can't grow root crops so great, and have lousy soil, at least I have lovely views!

TWC015

I love Northern Arkansas and would move there if I could (I'm only 17).

I plan to do some more radishes in the fall, probably in October to see how they do

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I guess the temps were the culprit, then, because I had temps towards the beginning/middle of may that were in the high 70s and even hit 80 one day.

Although this only lasted for a few days and it then got cold again, this was probably all it took.

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Radishes produce very tasty green seed pods, so bolting is not a total loss. They also attract flea beetles away from other crops and have pretty flowers, so I often leave them in place.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

TZ -OH6 wrote:Radishes produce very tasty green seed pods, so bolting is not a total loss. They also attract flea beetles away from other crops and have pretty flowers, so I often leave them in place.
OK, now I'm intrigued. How to do you eat the seed pods? When do you harvest them?

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”