Ozark Lady
Greener Thumb

I was last in Pine Bluff in 1984. So, sure in 26 years, it probably looks alot different. I remember it as alot of trees, and pretty lawns, that is about all I remember though. My brother was in the hospital there, so we went there. Maybe, it looked pretty because it was the destination after a long drive? tee hee But, I was still glad to get back to my hills.

Even if I can't grow root crops so great, and have lousy soil, at least I have lovely views!
Talk to your plants.... If your plants talk to you... Run!

TWC015

I love Northern Arkansas and would move there if I could (I'm only 17).

I plan to do some more radishes in the fall, probably in October to see how they do

garden5
Super Green Thumb

I guess the temps were the culprit, then, because I had temps towards the beginning/middle of may that were in the high 70s and even hit 80 one day.

Although this only lasted for a few days and it then got cold again, this was probably all it took.
There's something new growing in the Helpful Gardener Forum! Become a part of it here!

TZ -OH6
Super Green Thumb

Radishes produce very tasty green seed pods, so bolting is not a total loss. They also attract flea beetles away from other crops and have pretty flowers, so I often leave them in place.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

TZ -OH6 wrote:Radishes produce very tasty green seed pods, so bolting is not a total loss. They also attract flea beetles away from other crops and have pretty flowers, so I often leave them in place.
OK, now I'm intrigued. How to do you eat the seed pods? When do you harvest them?
There's something new growing in the Helpful Gardener Forum! Become a part of it here!

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”