rootsy
Green Thumb

tedln wrote:
rootsy wrote:So do I... It's called my M&P 40c... goes where I go 98% of the time...

Deer can do a number with those hooves... Just like most farm animals...
Me to rootsy. I just have a different brand and a license that tells everyone I'm legal. The problem is the animals don't care anything about my license.

Ted
I also possess a Michigan CPL. Do you also or are you a peace officer?

tomf
Super Green Thumb

dave103069 wrote:I don't know if this will work or not but I mixed garlic, cayenne pepper & dish soap with water to spray around to try to keep critters away. After reading some diffrent things it sounded like this may work. So far I have not had any critter issues. I have not sprayed this stuff on the plants but just on the ground around them.. I figure I will just do it one or two times a week and see what happens..
That sounds close to what a friend of mine uses, he says adding eggs helps as deer do not eat eggs so the smell keeps them away.

tedln
Super Green Thumb

Nope, not a peace officer. I've just been licensed to carry for a lot of years. In Texas, we have reciprocal agreements with a lot of states. I think that includes Michigan which means you are legal to carry in Texas if you decide to come see my garden. :D

Ted

dave103069

tomf wrote:
dave103069 wrote:I don't know if this will work or not but I mixed garlic, cayenne pepper & dish soap with water to spray around to try to keep critters away. After reading some diffrent things it sounded like this may work. So far I have not had any critter issues. I have not sprayed this stuff on the plants but just on the ground around them.. I figure I will just do it one or two times a week and see what happens..
That sounds close to what a friend of mine uses, he says adding eggs helps as deer do not eat eggs so the smell keeps them away.
Yes, I was going to add eggs too but got the evil eye from the Mrs when making the mix from the already interesting smell so I held off. I will be adding egg shells to the mix this week as well and leaving the container outside to rot a little..

Susan W
Greener Thumb

Another option for the deer and cannot verify results. Get a Bubba Bass at the thrift store for $5.00. Set it out. It wiggles and makes noise by motion detector. Hmmmmmm.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

A radio tuned to the local talk station and placed in the corn patch seems to discourage skunks, raccoons and deer.
For sure a 30-06 will take care of the deer..............

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Options:
Call the local game warden and tell him to get the deer out of your garden or you will.
I guess you can send the state a bill for the damages?
For sure contact local, county and state officials and complain about the rogue critters.
Shoot them in the butt with a good strong pellet gun?
Or as I suggested above, just kill the deer.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”