DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

I sprayed Seven all over the garden today

Ha ha, made you look. Liquid Fish Fertilizer 5-1-1 (=7)

I have a food grade 55 gallon drum that I mixed the fish fertilizer along with a burlap bag full of rabbit manure-bedding. I let it steep overnight. This afternoon, I dropped in a garden hose variety submersible pump, with 75ft of hose. On the end of the hose I have a ball valve. Walked around the garden and sprayed everything. :shock: If it didn't move, it got wet. Wash before eating. :wink:

Dixana
Greener Thumb

:x You are so NOT funny,

But we're still moving in with you :lol:

RuHappy69

to get you a girlfriend. :wink:

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Do you have critters around your property (raccoons, groundhogs, possums, outdoor cats, etc)? How do they react to the fish stuff?

I can't use any of the fish based stuff because I have all of the above and the they love the fish smell and dig up all the plants to get to it.

You did get me.. I saw the title about spraying Sevin and thought oh no, here's another one and then I saw it was you and thought NO NO, DDF wouldn't do that !!??

garden5
Super Green Thumb

OK, you got me. Buy the way, how do the critter react to the fish emulsion> I've heard that if you feed it to your transplants before you put them out, the raccoons will smell it and dig them up. Perhaps yours is diluted enough that it does not have this effect.

applestar
Mod

As I was clicking, I was saying to myself "You did not!" :lol: Ha! I was right! :wink:

BTW, 5-1-1 = 3 :>

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

BTW, 5-1-1 = 3
Oh, Peanut Brittle :P

I will have to respone later, getting ready for the market.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Slap, slap!!!

DoubleDogFarm
Super Green Thumb

Much better day at the Farmers Market. Twice the sales from last Saturday.

We have raccoon, mink, river otter, weasel, feral cats, redtail fox, but haven't seen any digging. I have robins, towees, quail, that do some damage.

My two black labs keep most trouble away.

The rest of you, we will have a big bonfire at south beach and watch the sun go down.

[img]https://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/eric_wa/Sunset005-3.jpg[/img]

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Oh man.... gorgeous picture. I grew up, until mid 20's in California, watching the sun set into the ocean just like that.

Then I moved out here, 1000 miles away from the nearest ocean :( . But when I do make it to the (east coast) beach, the sun rises up out of the ocean. Even though I've now been here longer than I was in California, it still seems just WRONG! The first time I saw it, it seemed bizarrely wrong and head spinning....

garden5
Super Green Thumb

Well, if you need a sunset, perhaps find a large lake in your area (Great Lakes) and watch the sun set there.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”