lakngulf
Greener Thumb

I am going to post this and duck: I have LOTS of problems with carpenter bees digging into my cedar trim, and the siding that looks like cedar to them. It has been recommended that I spray all the wood with Sevin, double strength. Thoughts? Recommendations? Warnings? (I have a mask ready to wear, and will wear full body clothing)

cynthia_h
Super Green Thumb

I did a search of the forum for "carpenter bees." Here's one of the threads that came up:

https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=133084

Read down the thread (not the OP) for some non- and less-toxic ideas.

Sorry for the "drive-by" response.

Cynthia H.
(btw post-op Vergil and my work--11 billable hours yesterday--I'm smashed pretty flat right now)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

Have you been READING the previous pages of this thread?

Did you read the articles that were linked on the first page?

https://www.dontspraycalifornia.org/carbarylog.htm

https://www.healthyworld.org/sevin.html

Read them again! And then go get the citronella based paint/stain additive to keep the carpenter bees away.

applestar
Mod

lakngulf, ya better duck -- and low! :x I thought you lived in a picturesque cabin by the LAKE (hello, a body of water with aquatic life?) with an artistic wife for whom you've just created a presumably edible herb garden right by the house, and have a grandson who comes to visit and NOT eat the squash now that he knows what it tastes like (unless you hide it in the banana bread like I told you :wink:) :?

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

I will not ...... I will not...... I will not....... I will not....... I will not....... I will not.....I will not...... I will not...... I will not...... I will not...... I will not...... I will not.....

Gary350
Super Green Thumb

I use to use sevin dust many years ago when I didn't know any better. Now I have 25 bird houses. I have no bug problems at all.

garden5
Super Green Thumb

lakngulf wrote:I will not ...... I will not...... I will not....... I will not....... I will not....... I will not.....I will not...... I will not...... I will not...... I will not...... I will not...... I will not.....
Good man! You can come out from behind that big tree now :lol:.

lakngulf
Greener Thumb

Well now you don't know how I finished the sentence.....

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”