BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

Neighboors Spraying Yard (scotts lawn service)

Ugh, after all the junk I went through this month especially yesterday trying to secure everything from the gailing winds and the monster storms I get greeted with Scotts Death Service (well that is what they should be called). Anyway luckly for me we are having a calm day for a change, after that cold front moved through we are only getting 6mph breeze (finally, first time in May).

So my concern is, I don't think it was strong enough to blow in my yard but our garden is right on the edge of our property (like 5 feet from the neighbors). I could smell it, for sure and when I went in I could smell it faintly on my clothes. I know the smell of that permeates for miles it seems. Not sure if it was a fert or a weed killer....I took video of the dude and his truck, maybe that will help in determining? Anyway I'm sure its not too big of a deal since the wind wasn't blowing. Last year they sprayed in 35mph winds, not sure but it was blowing all over. This year, I was lucky....but I am still concerned. By the way I noticed the guy not even wearing a mask...

Another concern of mine is will it hurt saplings? We just planted baby white pines 5 feet in from the edge of the property but the neighboors nearly mowed it down. Its funny to because they asked us if they could "have" a tree because they didn't know if it was on there property and that is like ten feet from the tree, so I don't know what they are thinking they almost mowed it down. Anyway the Scotts dude just sprays where ever the grass is cut and got it on the saplings, is this okay?

BrianSkilton
Green Thumb

will do, thanks for the quick post. I'll have to give scotts a call...also a chat with the neighboor...

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”