sickles

They removed Sevin-10 from the market!!!

Does anyone know a website that is still selling Sevin-10? Please let me know if you would be so kind!!

Kisal
Mod Emeritus

I sure wouldn't put that stuff on anything I planned to eat, but Google found it available online.

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

If it was removed from the market, there must be reasons for that!

Sevin is noxious stuff with many documented ill effects to humans and the natural environment, including being very toxic to honeybees and other beneficial insects.

If there is a pest problem you are having, if you post a question about it, we might be able to suggest something a little less harmful than using a banned substance.

gixxerific
Super Green Thumb

Read [url=https://www.dontspraycalifornia.org/carbarylog.htm]this[/url].

I was at Wal Mart yesterday in the pesticide section and noticed there was 2 whole 20 foot sections that was all death this death that. There was a single small section that had safe organic type choices. :x

Look for a better alternative we can guide you there. What is your problem? :)

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

gixxerific wrote:Read [url=https://www.dontspraycalifornia.org/carbarylog.htm]this[/url].
or this
https://www.healthyworld.org/sevin.html

JONA878
Greener Thumb

It's been banned over here in the Uk for several years now.

A very nasty and persistant material.

Nick D

For what it's worth, I am fighting the good fight here in GA...everyone in my family is pressuring me to just cover my garden with sevin and watch it take off.

Before I found HG (and saw the light :) ) I sprinkled two...just two bell pepper plants with a pinch of sevin. It lasted all of two days, and the aphids were back. It took a bit longer for the ladybugs to get back, but once they did and I realized they were doing a better job anyway I chucked the can of sevin to the back of my yard care shelf to be disposed of properly later.

Thus far neem oil and Murphy's oil soap/water are keeping most things under control. And my garden has gone crazy growing and fruiting, and aside from the first two pepper plants (who have received myriad apologies), no pesticide has touched or WILL touch my garden.

And gixx, I concur as to the existence of the Aisle of Death at Walmart. Know thy enemy, though; I stroll through and have a look at what people think will give them the greenest grass and deadest bugs. Weed n' Feed, malathion...just the smell of all of it kind of nauseates me.

JONA878
Greener Thumb

malathion...just the smell of all of it kind of nauseates me.

I'm with you on this one Nick.
Any of the organophosphats make me feel unwell.
We used to use organo's a lot years ago...things like Metasystox, another in the same clan....and I reacted to even the smell of the stuff.
As I believe they resulted from a spin-off from chemical nerve gas...it's no suprise is it?

garden5
Super Green Thumb

There's are reason why this substance was taken off the shelves. :shock: Just that fact says enough.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”