minu

Whats going on with this cuke seedling?

Hi,
I need help figuring out what is going on with this cuke seedling. I had 2 seedlings emerge a couple of weeks ago and at first everything seemed to be going fine and then suddenly I see one of them look like something was chewing it up and then leaves started yellowing and almost like they were toughening. Now I see some tiny holes on the 2nd seedling and am afraid it might be going down the same path. I must add that at some point I had moved it from my porch to the garden area and then back again since we have been having some crazy, unpredictable weather.
I have a picture but not sure how to attach it to the post. Could use help on both cuke and pic. attachment fronts

Thanks
Minoti :( [/img]

rainbowgardener
Super Green Thumb

It is helpful to read the introductory section with guidelines and helpful tips and suggestions for new members. The instructions for posting photos are there: https://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724

Moving the plant back and forth might stress it a bit, but wouldn't cause it to be chewed up. Have you looked closely for any insect pest?

If you have soft-bodied insects like aphids a soapy water spray (real SOAP, not detergent/ dishwashing liquid which is harmful to plants) is a good treatment for them. Otherwise a garlic and hot pepper solution spray is good general, organic insect repellant.

Joyfirst
Green Thumb

I'll tell you, that always happens to my melon and cucumber seedlings, so I gave up. I raise them under the lights untill they have several true leaves or buy the same size seedlings. They become unpalatable to whomever eats them as babies.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”