I scored a 20 gallon fish tank on freecycle, and am planning to use the two largest panes to craft a cold frame. I did read the links posted here to various sites w/ cold frame info, but I still have some questions:
1. Does the top of the frame have to be sloped downward?
2. Do all sides have to be glass, or can just the top be glass?
3. Does it have to have a bottom, or can i just do sides and a top and put it on top of seedling pots, wherever I have them outside (on stones, on cement, on a brick patio, etc?).
4. To use for hardening off, I prop the top for a week, and then remove it for a week? Or keep it closed for a week, then propped for a week?
5. For hardening off, do I have to shade the frame, or is the glass enough of a filter for the sun for seedlings raised in the house?
Thank you in advance!!!