cherishedtiger
Green Thumb

Green beans all over the place..

Ok, well so as some of you may know my dog went in and destroyed my garden. So I now have things coming up all over the place.

I had originally planted the corn and the green beans together, so the beans could climb the corn. Well now I have green beans no where near corn, and lots of it!

Any thoughts on replanting it in a new location in the garden? If so how big should they be before I move them.

Also - I bought already sprouted corn, seems there are 2 per pot that I purchased, so there are 2 coming up in every planting. How hard or what precautions should I take when separating them?

Thanks for your help! (Again :oops: )

applestar
Mod

I think at this point, I would leave the beans where they are and put up poles or trellis for them to climb on. Plant new bean seeds near the corn if you want. The corn should be about 6" high when you sow the beans at least 6" away.

I wouldn't separate the corn but plant them additional 6"~8" apart when planting them. More if you have the space.

jal_ut
Super Green Thumb

Don't separate the corn. Just let the two grow close together. Plant each pot 18 inches away.

Plant the corn away from the beans if you want the beans to do well.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”