Hispoptart

Well we have finally got some more goodies from the garden!!! Yummy!

our first zucchini
[img]https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k278/HisPoptart/Picture249.jpg[/img]

Robbing the russets
[img]https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k278/HisPoptart/Picture245.jpg[/img]

PEAS!!!!
[img]https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k278/HisPoptart/Picture244.jpg[/img]

Finally but not least DINNER! It was way good.
[img]https://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k278/HisPoptart/Picture256-1.jpg[/img]

specgrade

That dinner looks very tasty!

Could you tell me about the irrigation system you have? Did you build it or was it a kit? Great garden!!

Hispoptart

Dinner was great.

DH Built it he used 1 1/2 pvc pipe, tied in valves every 2 1/2 feet, we then connected soaker hoses for the things like onions, peas, carrots, cabbage, green beans, potatoes. For things that are more spaced out like, tomatoes, peppers squash, cukes, he ran a solid hose and ran bubblers to the plants so we are not wasting water on dirt that doesn't need it. this all really helps cut down on the weeds and water bill. I think in all it costed about $200.00 to make it and it paid for it's self last year. The only really advice I can give is when you buy soaker hoses spend a bit extra for good ones. We bought 50ft hoses and were able to make to hoses out of them, because our garden is right at 25 feet wide.

specgrade

Hispoptart wrote:Dinner was great.

DH Built it he used 1 1/2 pvc pipe, tied in valves every 2 1/2 feet, we then connected soaker hoses for the things like onions, peas, carrots, cabbage, green beans, potatoes. For things that are more spaced out like, tomatoes, peppers squash, cukes, he ran a solid hose and ran bubblers to the plants so we are not wasting water on dirt that doesn't need it. this all really helps cut down on the weeds and water bill. I think in all it costed about $200.00 to make it and it paid for it's self last year. The only really advice I can give is when you buy soaker hoses spend a bit extra for good ones. We bought 50ft hoses and were able to make to hoses out of them, because our garden is right at 25 feet wide.
Thank you! I can see how that would cut down on the weeds. I am going to do a manifold system with pvc and yours gave me some ideas. :idea:)

Hispoptart

specgrade wrote:
Hispoptart wrote:Dinner was great.

Thank you! I can see how that would cut down on the weeds. I am going to do a manifold system with pvc and yours gave me some ideas. :idea:)
Glad to be of help, if ya have any questions along the way I am sure DH can answer them for you.

Hispoptart

Well tonight was another great dinner from the garden. This time I got about 5 pounds of peas, which translates to about 1 1/2 lbs once shelled, but hey enough for dinner and some for the freezer. Rob some more russets and mashed them with garlic and parsley, DH grill steaks and it was oh so good.

Return to “Vegetable Gardening Forum”